Snader Racing to move to Trans-Am 2 in 2013 Season
After what felt to be adequate time in club racing with SCCA, Snader Racing has decided its time to jump off the deep end, and go Pro Racing. With a conscious budget in mind, Tom and Austin closely evaluated the most cost effective form or road racing available today for the young driver. It came down to two a close decision between Playboy Cup, using Spec. Mazda MX-5s, and Trans-Am 2.
Trans-Am 2, Is a limited preparation class with cost effectiveness in mind without shortcutting performance capabilities all while using "Real" Race Cars. V8 Power, circle track technology, and inexpensive yet durable tires, Snader Racing agreed, there was no better bang for the buck.
"The decision to pursue Trans-Am 2 is motivated by many factors. The first thing that interested me was how new the class is in relationship to the car count and attention its getting. Car counts are on par with the big boys in Trans-Am and I have a sneaky suspicion that it will one day outgrow Trans-Am. The second thing, is the new ownership of the series. With the new ownership, I firmly believe in talking with Tom Vancamp, that he has a vision of what he wants to become of Trans-Am and he has surrounded him with the right people to make it happen."
Austin chuckled slightly after being asked: "...So it has nothing to do with the type of cars?"
In his response he mentioned, "In all respect to Mazda, whom I feel very loyal to, and will always have a Rotary Engine beating in my heart, Buzzy four cylinders, dont put fans in the seats. Fire breathing V8's do. A fire breathing V8 is America's soundboard"
after some exchanged conversation, he continued by saying: "If you can have the tight battled, close racing paralleled with the Playboy Cup, with a spec series like Trans-Am for the same money, and draw a bigger crowd, and have V8 Power, Its a no-brainer..."
Snader Racing is currently performing a resurrection and metamorphosis of an ex Grand Am series, GT car. Previously driven by Team Sahlen, and Horizon Motor sports, the GTO-R will soon one day Live again.
For more information on the Trans-Am Racing series visit: www.gotransam.com
- Mazda 2016 Season Preview Mar 10, 2016
- Pirelli World Challenge 2016 Touring Car Round 1 Review Mar 10, 2016
- Pirelli World Challenge Race Report Mazda Raceway Snader finishes 3rdSep 13, 2015
- Mazdaspeed Race Report Canadian Tire Motorsports Park May 20, 2015
- World Challenge Round 6 Report Canadian Tire Motorsports Park May 17, 2015
- World Challenge Round 5 Report Canadian Tire Motorsports Park May 16, 2015
- World Challenge Round 4 Race Report Canadian Tire Motorsports Park May 15, 2015
- World Challenge Rounds 1&2 at Circuit of The Americas Mar 8, 2015
- World Challenge Round 3 Report at Circuit of The Americas Mar 8, 2015
- Snader Racing Reunited with Mazda for 2015 Season Nov 24, 2014
- Mid Ohio Sports Car Challenge Aug 1, 2014
- Pirelli World Challenge W/ Nascar Nationwide RND 8Jun 20, 2014
- Pirelli World Challenge W/ Nascar Nationwide RND 7Jun 19, 2014
- New Jersey Motorsports Park 6/2014Jun 1, 2014
- Pirelli World Challenge Barber Motorsports Park Rnd 1May 8, 2014
- 2012 SCCA National Championship Runoff's SCCA ReportOct 22, 2012
- Austin Snader Mazda Promotional Video 2012 RunoffsOct 22, 2012
- SCCA Press Release of 2011 RunoffsSep 25, 2011
- SCCA Press Release of 2011 Southwest Division BF Goodrich Super TourMar 28, 2011
- 2010-2011 Off-SeasonMar 24, 2011
- Sponsors WantedJan 1, 2011