SCCA Press Release of 2011 Southwest Division BF Goodrich Super Tour
Group 3 Qual.
Austin Snader, of Brookshire, Texas, set a new E Production track record with a qualifying lap of 1:51.774 (93.403 mph) in a Mazda RX-8 to claim the top overall time in Group Three. Stuart Robinson, in an F Production Mazda Miata, followed overall and topped his class. Luis Rivera, of Angleton, Texas, led GT-Lite in a Mazda Miata, while Toby Grahovec, of Chicago, Ill., topped STU in a BMW 330. James Rogerson, of Pearland, Texas, led H Production in a Honda Civic S, while Grandbury’s Richard Dickey topped Showroom Stock C in a Chevy Cobalt.
Group 3 Race
Austin Snader, of Brookshire, Texas, drove his E Production Mazda RX-8 to an overall win in Group 3 on Sunday, racing out to a big lead on the field twice thanks to a mid-race full course caution that erased his initial deficit. Snader ended the day with a 19.353-second margin of victory in the time-shortened 13-lap race at Texas World Speedway.
The caution flew on lap four when the BMW 330 of Toby Grahovec lost a rear wheel in Turn Seven and left him stranded just off the course, re-forming the field behind Snader. He pulled away on the lap 10 restart, leaving second-running Bob Bramlage, in an F Production Mazda Miata, to battle with the GT-Lite Mazda Miata of Luis Rivera, the F Production Mazda Miata of Stuart Robinson and the Lotus Super Seven of James Smith.
Robinson got a great jump on the restart, but ran off track in Turn 2 and fell behind Rivera and Bramlage. Working back through the field, Bramlage and Robinson made side-by-side contact on lap 12, ending Bramlage fight for the lead.
At the checkered flag, Snader led Rivera, Robinson, Smith and Bill Allman in an E Production Mazda RX-7.
In addition to Snader, Rivera and Robinson’s class wins, Don Istook recovered from a first lap spin in the STU class to work back through the field for a win. Istook’s Volkswagen GTI was battling in the opening lap with Grahovec when Istook spun and recovered, but not before he dropped to the rear of the field. James Rogerson took a class win in an H Production Honda Civic, while James Place earned the Showroom Stock C win in an Acura Integra GSR.
Snader turned the overall fastest lap of the race with a time of 1:53.030 (92.356 mph).Grahovec set a new STU class track record during the race with a best time of 1:57.385 before the mechanical issue ended his day, while Rivera did the same for the GT-Lite class with a best time of 1:57.396
- Mazda 2016 Season Preview Mar 10, 2016
- Pirelli World Challenge 2016 Touring Car Round 1 Review Mar 10, 2016
- Pirelli World Challenge Race Report Mazda Raceway Snader finishes 3rdSep 13, 2015
- Mazdaspeed Race Report Canadian Tire Motorsports Park May 20, 2015
- World Challenge Round 6 Report Canadian Tire Motorsports Park May 17, 2015
- World Challenge Round 5 Report Canadian Tire Motorsports Park May 16, 2015
- World Challenge Round 4 Race Report Canadian Tire Motorsports Park May 15, 2015
- World Challenge Rounds 1&2 at Circuit of The Americas Mar 8, 2015
- World Challenge Round 3 Report at Circuit of The Americas Mar 8, 2015
- Snader Racing Reunited with Mazda for 2015 Season Nov 24, 2014
- Mid Ohio Sports Car Challenge Aug 1, 2014
- Pirelli World Challenge W/ Nascar Nationwide RND 8Jun 20, 2014
- Pirelli World Challenge W/ Nascar Nationwide RND 7Jun 19, 2014
- New Jersey Motorsports Park 6/2014Jun 1, 2014
- Pirelli World Challenge Barber Motorsports Park Rnd 1May 8, 2014
- 2012 SCCA National Championship Runoff's SCCA ReportOct 22, 2012
- Austin Snader Mazda Promotional Video 2012 RunoffsOct 22, 2012
- Snader Racing to move to Trans-Am 2 in 2013 SeasonAug 16, 2012
- SCCA Press Release of 2011 RunoffsSep 25, 2011
- 2010-2011 Off-SeasonMar 24, 2011
- Sponsors WantedJan 1, 2011